15 Uses for Peppermint Oil
For months now, I have been intrigued by Essential Oils. I have seen many of my friends using them for a variety of uses from health benefits to cleaning purposes to even as recipe ingredients!
I figured I’d start off with some basic oils. With my Celiac, I found Peppermint Oil to have some wonderful healing qualities for many of symptoms like joint pain, GI issues and brain fog. On just a basic level in my research I have found the small bottle of Peppermint Oil I bought has more than 15 uses and I am finding more everyday!
- Relieve an upset stomach, gas and bloating
- Relieve sinus, cold, cough and other bronchial symptoms
- Instant mouth wash
- Soothes achy joints
- Wakes you up – think of that cool invigorating smell!
- Wards off headaches by rubbing a dab on your temples
- Invigorates a shower by adding a drop to your shampoo and wards off dandruff
- Add it to your foot bath to soothe tired, achy feet
- Rub over itchy skin to soothe a rash or sunburn and even bug bites
- Add to water and spray to ward off household bugs and spiders
- Use it as a natural cleaner
- Helps treat motion sickness
- Add it to your coffee, tea, hot cocoa for a mint flavor
- Rub on the back of your neck for an instant energizer!
- Use a diffuser to act as a natural air freshener
When using Peppermint Oil on children and the elderly I recently learned from expert oil users, it is necessary to use a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil and dilute the peppermint.
I really like using the Nature’s Own Peppermint Oil because unlike some other types of oils, it is undiluted and I have found it to be high quality. You would think in a business such as Essential Oils, you wouldn’t have to worry about additives or fillers, but this is 100% pure all-natural Peppermint Oil. Even better, it is made in the USA which is hard to find these days.
Purchase your Nature’s Own Essence Peppermint Oil
from Amazon HERE and save 20% off with the above code!
Find out more about Essential Oils:
*Momma Lew received a bottle of Nature’s Own Essence Peppermint Essential Oil for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and were not influenced in anyway. This post includes affiliate links which are used to help run this website.