kid friendly valentine snacks
Long gone are the days are romantic Valentine’s Day dinners. Between two kids and a husband who’s hours are never the same, it is impossible to coordinate babysitters and make things like that happen anymore. But, I am very much OK with that! I’ve turned this from a romantic “holiday” to a day to celebrate as a family. The kids enjoy making handmade cards and pictures for friends and loved ones and I enjoy making heart shaped everything in the kitchen.
It’s so easy to create kid friendly valentine snacks just with some fun pantry items. We love this chocolate covered popcorn. It’s so easy to change it up to any holiday too! Notice how my M&M’s are all red? I got a big bag after Christmas for only $1.25 at my supermarket. Maybe we will use the green for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1 bag of microwavable popcorn
- 1 bar of melting chocolate - we used white chocolate. You could substitute with ½ chocolate chips.
- Anything else you can think of!
- Cook popcorn according to package directions. Use half of the bag and put the rest aside for another snack.
- Melt your chocolate in a microwavable bowl, start with 30 seconds, take it out and stir.
- Spread your popcorn on a baking sheet.
- Pour chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with m&m's and sprinkles.
- Let the chocolate set and then enjoy!
Looking for more easy kid friendly valentine snacks? Check these out for inspiration:
- Penguin Love Valentine’s Treats
- Ombre Pancakes
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Strawberry Pancake Skewers
- Clothespin Butterflies
- Homemade Graham Cracker Hearts
- Sweetheart Cupcakes
- Valentine’s Brownie Kabobs
- Valentine Fruit Kabobs
- Frozen Yogurt Cupcake Bites
- Be My Valentine Kid-Friendly Smoothie
Which kid friendly valentine snacks are your favorite? How do you make Valentine’s Day special for your children?