game day chili
One of our favorite football foods is game day chili! Besides being delicious, it is so versatile! Think beyond the bowl and use it as a topping to hot dogs and nachos, or filling to tacos and even as an accompaniment on your baked potato bar! I recently have taken my Crock-Pot Chili recipe out of the Crock-Pot and into the Dutch Oven.
We actually have not used ground beef in recipes for years now, we use venison. Use whatever your preferences are – ground chicken, turkey, beef, venison.
I personally prefer to use my own homemade Manwhich and I feel that this is a great base to chili, a secret ingredient so to speak!
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large diced onion
- 2-3 stalks celery, diced
- 1-1¼lbs. ground beef
- 2 cups of rinsed kidney beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 can of Manwhich or make your own with my recipe!
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning,
- ½ tsp ground pepper,
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- Cheese & Sour Cream for toppings
- Cook diced onion, celery and ground beef on medium heat in olive oil until the beef is cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover dutch oven and simmer on low for 1½ to 2 hours.