speck ham recipe
I recently learned of the style of cooking known as Charcuterie. I have to say, I never heard of this term used before, but I quickly became a big fan of it’s deliciousness. Charcuterie is a style of cooking that consists of prepared meats such as mortafella, soppressata, bacon, and Speck Ham. On traditional plates of Charcuterie, you will also find accompaniments like blue cheese, sharp cheeses, dried fruits or almonds. During the holiday season, it is the perfect appetizer to share with friends over a glass of wine.
When Speck Ham found out what I was a Charcuterie novice, they felt I needed to try some as soon as possible.
While Speck Ham is delicious on a plate of Charcuterie, it’s a delicious recipe ingredient as well. Like in my new favorite Twice-Baked Potato Recipe that my husband created:
- 2 Baking Potatoes
- ⅓ cup of cream cheese,
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar,
- 1 cup of diced Speck Ham
- Chives for garnish
- Wash the potatoes and bake until they can be pierced with a knife.
- Let the potatoes cool slightly so that they can be handled.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the insides into a bowl.
- Mash with the cream cheese and ½ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Scoop into the baked potatoes.
- Top with the additional cheese and the diced speck ham
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the ham is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chives,
- Serve with sour cream.
Three winners will receive a Speck Ham Prize Pack. This giveaway is open to US Residents, 18+, one entry per household. Giveaway ends 12/19 at 11:59pm EST. To enter, follow the steps in the giveaway form below. Good luck!