5 Tips for Flying with Kids
Traveling with your family can be stressful enough. Add in bulky luggage pieces on top of children in tow and you have yourself the recipe for disaster. Especially when navigating through an airport! I’ve found over the years that the key to a successful travel experience with children is the right type of luggage. Atlantic Luggage has been creating luggage options for almost 100 years. It’s lightweight, versatile and they offer a large variety of styles.
Whether you are flying to New York or San Diego or needing a carry-on or an upright, Atlantic Luggage can fit your family’s needs. Less is more when traveling with a family and Atlantic Luggage knows how to make sure you get everything you need in as few bags as possible. Their expandable Uprights on 360 degree spinner wheels help with space and flexibility! Plus, Atlantic Luggage comes with a 10 year warranty.
- Travel in the morning when your child is less likely to be irritable and overstimulated.
- Pack PJ’s or your child’s favorite “comfy” clothes. Let them be comfortable. This is not the time for your child to wear new clothes or their “Sunday best”.
- Pack snacks! Lots of them! Often times the snack options on airplanes are not “kid-friendly” and the options in the airport can get costly. Be overprepared. You never know when delays will pop up. Once a child is hungry, they get grouchy and irritable.
- Pack new toys, books, stickers or games. Keep them in a special place where your child does not see them until it’s time to break them out. For a special surprise, wrap a few! Dollar stores or bargain bins at your local supermarket, Wal-Mart or Target make great places to look for ideas.
- Stay calm! Your children will pick up on your cues if you are nervous or restless.
Now that you are ready with your tips and new luggage, it’s time for a trip! One lucky family will win a trip for four to New York or San Diego, courtest of Atlantic Luggage and Delta Vacations!
The Grand Prize package trip certificate is valid for:
- (a) round-trip economy air transportation valued at up to $450 per ticket for the Grand Prize winner and three (3) guests from a major U.S. airport serviced by Delta Air Lines near to the Grand Prize winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor), to a major U.S. airport serviced by Delta Air Lines near New York City or San Diego, CA (as chosen by winner and determined by Sponsor);
- (b) hotel accommodations at a participating Delta Vacations hotel in New York City or San Diego, C;
- (c) four (4) Atlantic® carry-on sized suitcases;
- and (d) $300 allowance to spend on their choice of Delta Vacations Tour or Activity packages.
- Trip is to last three days and two nights
- Total prize value of $3,700
Enter here: Enter to win a family trip
Sweepstakes runs October 15 through November 15, 2014. Winner will be chosen within 7-10 days following the close of the sweepstakes. Grand Prize trip must be booked by 9/30/15 and travel must be completed by 10/31/15.