Quick & Easy Crab Cake Recipe
Now that you have caught and cleaned your Blue Claw Crabs, it’s time to enjoy this delicious delicacy! You can find my how-to guide on Crabbing here and my recipe for Boiled Hard-Shell Blue Crabs here.
After we boil them, we sit at the table and crack ’em open! There is just something therapeutic about cracking crabs. Of course, we taste as we go, but as we crack we put the meat into a bowl. Our favorite way to enjoy the meat? Crab cakes!
While, you can get as complicated as you would like crab cakes (adding things like onion, celery, carrots, etc), this recipe is simple as can be. And you know what? It’s delicious!
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise,
- 1 large egg,
- 1 1/4 c. bread crumbs,
- 1 tsp mustard,
- salt & pepper,
- 1 1/2 c. crab meat,
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- and 1/4 c. bread crumbs
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg and mayo together.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the oil and 1/4 c. of bread crumbs.
- Place the 1/4 c. bread crumbs into a separate bowl.
- Heat oil over low to medium heat.
- Shape into 6 patties and coat each with the dry bread crumbs.
- Cook crab cakes on low to medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, until heated through and browned. Be sure to flip at least once.
- Remove the crab cakes from the pan when cook through and place on a paper town lined plate. Squirt 1/2 of a lemon over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.