Blueberry Cheesecake Dip
This time of year, blueberries are aplenty here in New Jersey. There’s nothing better than locally grown produce. I scored a ton of blueberries very cheap last week and while we were munching on them, they seemed to be endless!
This recipe was a total fluke. I had a BBQ to attend and I was bringing my Gluten-Free Lemon Pound Cake along with the dip recipe I am sharing below. But, even though I had made the pound cake countless times, I had a fail. I was now left with this delicious dip and nothing to share with it. Until I had a stroke of genius while I should have been falling asleep.
Step #1: Make your blueberry filling. This is so versatile! Use it for pie, cobbler or even on pancakes or crepes!
- In a saucepan, boil 1 cup of berries + 1/2 cup water,
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 tbsp each: water + cornstarch, add to blueberries,
- Add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Mix the blueberry filling together and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine about 3 cups of blueberries with the blueberry mixture.
- Set aside.
Step 2: Make your cream filling. You are going to thank me for this, I promise! Another versatile recipe, perfect for fruit dips and more!
In a large bowl, mix together:
- 2 cups of fluff,
- 1 block of softened cream cheese,
- 1 container of cool whip (or use We’re Parents?! recipe for homemade cool whip here),
- Resist the urge to lick the spoon.
Step 3: Make your dip!
- Reserve about 1 cup of the blueberry mixture,
- On the bottom of a casserole or pie dish, spread a few spoonfuls of your plain cream filling on the bottom.
- Mix about 2 cups of the cream filling with the blueberry mixture and layer on top of the cream filling in the dish.
- Spoon the remaining blueberries over the top and add a dollop of cream filling in the middle.
- Add a maraschino cherry in the middle for garnish.
- Refrigerate before serving.
I couldn’t get over how much the guests of the BBQ I went to enjoyed this. Everyone wanted the recipe and I completely just whipped it up the night before in my head! They enjoyed it as is, but I am sure it would be delicious with some graham crackers!