Beat the Heat at iPlay America
As much as we are enjoying the summer, the kids and I have been needing a day out of the sun. Despite the tons of sunscreen I am going through weekly, their faces are still a cheery red. So, when iPlay America, New Jersey’s premier indoor amusement park, asked me to come and spend the day, it couldn’t have come at a better time.
Located in Freehold, NJ, iPlay America truly has thought of everything to keep your family entertained, no matter their age.
So what’s so awesome about iPlay?
- Too hot, too rainy or too cold to visit the real boardwalk? No problem! iPlay has got you covered with their indoor boardwalk feel. From the food to the games and rides to the boardwalk floor, the only thing missing is the sound of the ocean!
- Are you a boardwalk gamer like my family is? You will feel right at home at iPlay. With over 200 arcade games there is something to meet everyone’s delight!
- iPlay’s games are completely state-of-the-art. It took us a bit to figure out that these were not your run of the mill boardwalk games. Believe it or not, when you scan your iPlay Game Card, the game saves the card info and deposits the number of tickets won!
- Each time you get on a ride or play a game, you swipe your Game Card. The iPlay Game Card is your debit card throughout your trip inside the amusement park. Load up your card with credits at the main Grand Lobby or throughout the park at one of the card kiosks. There is no dollars or coins accepted at any of the games or rides.
- Purchase an unlimited ride band and you and your children can enjoy all the rides you want. Although my children are only 2 years apart, they are at an age where they want to go on different types of rides. Both kids had a blast on the 9 different ride attractions.
One of our favorite rides was the Bumper Cars!
Believe it or not, iPlay America offers so much more than just games and rides!
- Broadway Sweets is an old-fashioned candy store right in the middle of iPlay’s main lobby!
- Celebrate your next special occasion in one of iPlay’s 7 New York City Brownstone-themed party rooms.
- Visit the 4D multi-sensory Motion Theater playing 1 of 4 different movies!
- Children under 100 lbs can enjoy the special Just iKidz area:
- I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was already planning my next date night at iPlay. Yes! Big kids can enjoy themselves at iPlay away from the rides and games too! Overlooking the City Square, Gametime Bar & Grill offers a contemporary American menu, a bar area, and sporting events on flat-screen TVs.
- The event center offers a local venue for concerts, events, shows, expos and parties accommodating up to 2,000 people!
We spent almost 4 hours inside iPlay America. The staff was friendly and helpful. The entire venue from the rides to the restaurants to the restrooms, was spotless. Being how it is over 115,000 square feet, the layout allows you feel spread out and handles crowds well.
There is no admission fee, so it is always free to enter into iPlay America to enjoy events like this summer’s Family Fun Nights every Thursday evening.
Parking is free as well.
iPlay offers 3 payment packages to enjoy your time at the amusement park.
- iRide Plus
- iRide (recommended for children under 42″)
- Pay as you go, with your credits never expiring.
We had a great time exploring iPlay America. Being how we only live about 15 minutes away, we’re excited to visit again soon!
iPlay America is located at 110 Schanck Road Freehold, NJ 07728
Thank you to iPlay for sponsoring our visit!
July 2016 UPDATE:
iPlay America has added 2 new great rides for your family to enjoy!
The LARGEST indoor ropes course in New Jersey and the BRAND NEW Freedom Rider Spinning Coaster!