When I was working a M-F 9-5 job, anything I wanted to do had to be done on the weekend. I was used to the crowds, all on the same schedule. Now, as a Stay-At-Home-Mom and because my husband works overnights, we do most of our traveling around throughout the week, when everyone else is busy. Going out of the house with the crowds is just out of the question these days. The weekends are now for relaxing in our very own backyard oasis.
- My family just loves the sounds and sights of our backyard water fountain. It creates an instant zen-like feel for us all.
- Around the fountain we planted our herb garden and tomatoes. We also added some beautiful color flowers that have attracted butterflies and birds. The kids absolutely love watching the birds take a bath and my daughter is on a mission to catch a butterfly.
- Our backyard has become the place to be for our friends and family as well, thanks to our beautiful fire bowl. There is just something special about being gathered around the fire together, talking and enjoying each other’s company.
- Everyone brings their own chair and it’s a BYOB kind of night.
- We supply the S’mores and hot dogs for roasting.
- Around the perimeter of our fence we added the fun touch of Tiki Torches. They keep the bugs away and adds an extra ambiance as well!
We look forward to these summer weekends where we can just sit and relax with the company of just each other in our own backyard.
Written by lifestyle blogger, Momma Lew – http://www.mommalew.com