stay at home mom blog
I have been asked several times from friends if they should start a blog! My answer?
When I first started my blog, it was a place to share my recipes, crafts and coupon deals after I first became a stay-at-home mom. I was trying to find my way in this new world I created. When I had my daughter, I just found it was too hard to keep up with two children and a blog! But once again, I found my way and things got easier. My friend Darci at Everything Mommyhood encouraged me to start blogging again and I figured why not let’s give it a go!
Since I began my blog in 2010, I have learned so much and realized that by blogging, I am able to do a few things:
- Use my prior sales experience to pitch sponsorships with brands,
- Keep my brain healthy through thought and writing,
- Help support my family financially, while I stay home with my children,
- I am able to set my own hours,
- Feel validated (as a SAHM, you might be feeling like you miss that pat on the back when you do a good job from your boss),
- Feel successful when a brand loves my work or when I am able to work with a brand I fought hard to get. Or when you lovely readers leave me a positive comment!
- Have co-workers! Yes, I consider all of my blogging friends my co-workers! We all work together in a network as a team helping each other succeed!
- I feel inspired! I never felt as inspired by other people in the workplace before. When I read about the good things other bloggers are doing, it helps me strive to be a better person in my life!
- I have a voice! Speaking to my readers and social media followers, allows me to voice my opinion about a variety of topics. Here at home, I am very lucky if I can get even the dog to listen!
- I am able to enjoy new experiences I never would have open to me otherwise.
Ready to start your blog?