My family and I have soaking up the outdoors. It just seems like we truly cannot get enough. Unfortunately though, according to weather.com, climate change and this past winter’s record breaking snowfall has left my area of the Northeast suffering from one of the worst allergy seasons ever. I feel like there isn’t even an “allergy season” anymore. It’s become a year round problem! *ACHOO*
I spent a lot of time trying different allergy medicines. I needed one for myself and for my 3 year old, we are suffering the worst. My son and husband suffer as well, but they both muddle through and deal with their itchy eyes. Getting a child to take medicine, even if it is chewable, is a chore. The best thing you can hope for is a taste that your child will “like”. Thank goodness for Children’s Claritin! One particularly bad day when I was out of my own bottle of Claritin, I needed some emergency relief and used the chewables. I was surprised at the great taste.
You can’t beat quick results that gets you outside PLAYING!
Children’s Claritin is a firm believer in the benefits of outdoor activity for children. My children are very lucky to enjoy time outside each day with their neighborhood friends. Although our home is small and we’ve outgrown it (again and again), we just can’t seem to move away from the playgrounds, swimming pools and neighbors we have been blessed with. It’s so important for children to have fun-filled outdoor activities to boost their imaginations, creativity and discoveries.
Anyone who knows my children knows how much they and their friends just love to chalk it up outside!
From rainbows to racetracks, the sky’s the limit!
- Backyard Obstacle Course – use things you have around the house like cardboard boxes, balls, cones, hula hoops, masking tape, rope, broomsticks, etc
- Mud Pie Station
- Outdoor art space
- Go ice excavating – Freeze some fun little toys in water and then freeze. Let the kids try different objects (parent supervised of course) to free the items up!
- A different takes on ice excavating is hiding the toys in soil or sand and then digging for them!
- Have a water balloon fight!
- Go painting – with water that is! Fill up buckets or cups of water and use paint brushes to “paint” sidewalks, fences, trees, etc.!
- BUBBLES! Add to the fun by using a variety of different wands!
- Play classic games like TAG, Red Light Green Light or Jump Rope.
- Ride bikes, scooters or roller skates. Take turns if not everyone has one and always wear a helmet!
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Pretend to go camping! The kids collect rocks and sticks to make their fire pit and then “roast” marshmallows!
GET OUTSIDE, GET MOVING, GET DIRTY!
Playing outside with friends helps your child’s motor skills, as well as their cognitive and social skills.
What are your favorite ways to play outside?
As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.