*Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.
Although I love coffee, there are some days I really need a good cup of tea. It just makes everything better on a particularly bad day. For me, tea is for the end of the day. It helps me unwind and relax. With tea, I am able to just sit and savor the moment. Those are things you just simply cannot do with coffee. On the worst of days only the best tea will do — Mighty Leaf Tea.
Mighty Leaf Tea is a family-owned company who created a new take on the ancient art of tea. You can truly see, taste and smell the difference in Mighty Leaf Tea. They have carefully chosen natural ingredients like hand-picked whole leaf tea, blossoms, herbs, fruits and spices. Because they are too big for regular tea bags, Mighty Leaf has created a beautiful silken, artisan Tea Pouches which are hand stitched with unbleached cotton. I actually felt bad taking the tea out of the pouch because it was just THAT beautiful!
I actually never the proper way to brew tea before, so I was eager to share the Brewing tips that Mighty Leaf shared with me.
- Avoid tap, distilled or mineral water. Filtered or bottle water is the best. Try not to over-boil the water because it will make the tea taste flat. I found this to be very interesting, as I do tend to forget about my boiling water a lot!
- Hot water is essential to black and herbal tea. Always add your tea pouch before the water cools. For Green tea on the other hand, you should wait 1-3 minutes before adding your tea pouch.
- After you immerse your tea pouch in the hot water, move it back and forth several times so that the water flow into the bag is maximized.
- Steep black tea 4-5 minutes, green tea 3 minutes and 5 minutes for herbals. Make sure you do not over-steep your tea because it will cause a bitter taste.
- Store your Mighty Leaf tea in a cool, dry place that is away from sunlight.
I am sure by now you are thinking what a great gift idea this is for your mother, sister or friend this upcoming Mother’s Day. Why not round out the gift with the Mighty Leaf TeaTop Brew Mug!
The patented TeaTop lid makes it the perfect brew mug and acts like a teapot on-the-go! The used tea pouch nestles in the lid after the brew time is up and you will never have to worry about over-steeped cups of tea again!
Mighty Leaf Tea would like to give one lucky reader a prize consisting of your choice of the Taste of the Tropics or World Flavors Sampler Pack + A TeaTop Commuter Brew Mug! Retail value is $47! To enter, follow the steps in the entry form below. Giveaway is open to Continental US Residents, 18+, one entry per household. This giveaway ends on 4/29 at 11:59pm.