The guide is divided into a handful of helpful topics from…
- The benefits of babyearing
- Types of baby carriers – She really goes in-depth about the pros and cons of each and every option, and the best types of carries for each baby carrier. It is really a comprehensive “how to” guide. I also appreciate how she is very sensitive to everybody’s needs. She talks about Hard structured carries (Bjorn, Chicco, Britax, etc), and how they might not be optimal, that they have a place if they work for the individual parents. It’s a positive and informational lesson about all slings.
- Carrier recommendations if you are plus sized, if you don’t have a lot of money, if you can only buy one, need something that goes in water, if you have a toddler, etc. She gives a thorough analysis.
- Babywearing safety
- A fantastic in-depth pictorial guide on how to wear your babies, from tying wraps to wearing ring slings, to tying soft structured carriers and Mei-tais on the front and back. She also cites great online tutorials for each of the baby carriers.
- Babywearing resources and links.
The Natural Parent’s Guide to Babywearing is a nicely done, easy-to-read, easy-to-follow resource and an essential addition to any parent’s library.
About Lauren Wayne
Lauren Wayne lives and writes in the Pacific Northwestern USA, with her husband, Sam, and their two sweet boys: six-year-old Mikko and two-year-old Alrik. Sam and Lauren share both working from home and homeschooling. Lauren blogs about her unschooling life and natural parenting at Hobo Mama and gives a behind-the-scenes look at writing at LaurenWayne.com. She co-hosts the monthly Carnival of Natural Parenting and is a cofounder of Natural Parents Network, a site that brings together attachment parents interested in a natural lifestyle. Connect with Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.
It’s an easy-to-read, easy-to-follow babywearing guide that would be a major asset to each and every library!
You can purchase the Natural Parent’s Guide to Babywearing as part of the Essential Parenting Collection here. The Essential parenting Collection consists of a variety of ebooks, audio books, coloring books with titles such as – The Business of Baby: What Doctors Won’t Tell you and Corporations are Trying to Sell you, Yoga at Home, The Transgender Child, The Juno Natural magazine subscription, Simple Natural Pregnancy, The Birth Relaxation Kit, Hold onto your Kids, The Postpartum Herbal Guide and much more!
- Oxytocin Parenting: From the Womb to the Terrible Two’s written by Susan Kuchinskas and Bryan Post
- Twins Manibresto: A Success Story of Milk and Multiples Written Mercedes R. Donis
- The Colic Solution written by Nicollete Roux
- What not to Say, Tools for Talking with Young Children written by Sarah MacLaughlin, LSW
- 1 year subscription to JUNO Magazine.
You can purchase this mini-bundle here.
Enter below to win one of 2-copies of The Natural Parent’s Guide to Babywearing in ebook format. Open WW to residents 18 years and older.