As we enter mid-January already, how are you doing on your “New Year’s Resolutions”? Did you make any? Are you still going strong? Or did they already fizzle out? The top New Years Resolution for 2014 according to StaticBrain? Lose weight.
As you are well into your new eating and fitness regime (hopefully still, let’s stay optimistic!), you may be finding that you are seeking outside help or motivation through a gym, friend, or a trainer. Have you thought about how you can use technology to help you?
- Uses Bluetooth Smart Technology! This enables your Boost to keep it’s charge for up to 11 days! It takes about 2 hours to recharge your Boost using the provided USB charger. Use the Bluetooth to sync your Boost & your mobile app!
- Muti-access tracker accurately tracks your steps & distance for a significant performance improvement vs. it’s competitors.
- FREE mobile app is available for iOS devices 4s and higher and Android 4.3 and higher.
- Completely customizable to your specific needs, gender, age, etc. Set your own activity goals each day!
- Tracks your calorie intake based on your activity and your weight. If you are looking for an app that allows you to log your food and water intake, you will need to use an additional app. There are plenty of great free ones around though!
- Water-resistant for the rain or shower — kiss away those bad weather excuses! Unfortunately, if you like to swim, it is not recommended you use your Boost for that activity.
- Tracks how long it took you to fall asleep, as well as your actual sleep time. Sleep is an integral part of being healthy and staying healthy, so be sure to keep up with the Boost’s records of your sleep activity to see if perhaps this is a big reason why you aren’t as healthy as you would like! Using your Boost is a great way to find out if you have been restless at night.
- The Boost is pretty nondescript, just a light weight, black, silicone band bracelet. It’s comfortable to wear and doesn’t get in the way of any of your daily activities from housework and cooking to running a 5K, doing yoga or sleeping.
- Just because you have the app on your phone, it does not mean you need to always be looking at your phone to know your progress! The small light on the front of the Boost keeps you up-to-date: Red for the beginning of the day, yellow when you are halfway through and green when your goals have been achieved. It’s fun to have a little competition each day to see if you can get to the green faster than the day before!
- The best part about the Boost? The price! The Bowflex Boost is priced so that anyone can stay motivated to KEEP GOING at just $49.99! The Boost is available to purchase here or on Amazon.
Now that you are ready TO GO with your Bowflex Boost, Bowlex Fitness Advisor Tom Holland would like to offer some New Year’s Resolution Tips!
1. Success in fitness is contingent upon setting concrete goals with dates for achieving them. So, in order to stick to your New Year’s resolution, set a specific goal this year, such as
training for a triathlon! Having a fitness event several months away on your calendar will give your workouts a purpose and keep you motivated.2. Many folks who join the gym for their New Year’s resolution, end up quitting because they don’t see the results they were hoping for. But what they don’t know is that they could be making common gym mistakes:· Doing the same routine instead of modifying workouts to keep muscles stimulated· Lifting weights that are too heavy, which minimizes the muscular time-under-tension or the quality of the movement· Performing cardio at too low of intensity versus high-intensity interval training· Spending too much time doing abdominal exercises instead of lifting weights, which will raise your metabolism and help you burn calories 24 hours a day3. By committing to just 25 minutes of High-Intensity Interval Training, you will burn maximum calories in the shortest amount of time.4. To achieve your fitness goals once and for all in 2014, the key is to believe in yourself. You must recover quickly from setbacks, and develop a deep interest and strong sense of commitment to your fitness activities.
Momma Lew’s Blog has received a Bowflex Boost to provide this review. All opinions expressed are solely mine and were not influenced in any way by the Bowflex company.