I love using my Kindle for my children to play educational games and activities through the apps from Kid’s Academy. I recently downloaded the Montessori Workbook for Kids HD app. It seems for some reason when the kids play on the Kindle, my phone or on the computer, they don’t realize that they are in fact doing something school related and it isn’t a chore. Both my 3 and 5 year old love to play this app and I like that, since my daughter always wants to be doing what her older brother is doing.
The Montessori ABC Workbook is great to help children with their fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination. Kid’s Academy took learning and turned into a game. With this app your child will learn to identify the alphabet, as well as how to form their letters and work on their handwriting skills. The tracing aspect of this app is so great for my son because he has had some fine motor skill delays, so his handwriting is still developing.
This app is aligned for Kindergarten reading and writing foundation skills of Common Core standards. There are 2 levels of difficulty and you are able to do multiple user profiles. Here are some other highlights of the Montessori App:
- 26 animated flashcards to keep your child engaged,
- 52 flashcard worksheets to work on letter tracing
- The app has children to form letters line to line and dotted lines and arrows give your child hints to walk them through the process. — I love this aspect, it allows children to gain their confidence and to want to continue going and not give up!
- Once your child has mastered the tracing aspect of the app, they can move on to writing.
- There is age-appropriate vocabulary as well, that helps with sight word identification, phonics, sounding out letters and words.
- The app is built to be very encouraging. Like I said, it encourages your child with narration and instructions.
- The parents area allows you to check progress.