citrus avocado salmon
It’s easy to get into a rut when you are changing your food habits. I have found that keeping things fresh and flavorful will keep you on track and satisfied!
One of my favorite “splurge” meals is Citrus & Avocado Salmon. This dish is perfect to make when you are looking to make a “special” dish. Citrus & Avocado Salmon does not require many ingredients, spices you will never use again. It’s great as leftovers as well!
~2 tbsp olive oil
~2 tsbp freshly squeezed orange juice
~Salt & pepper
-Marinate 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of salmon for a minimum of 1 hour.
As your salmon is marinating, make your salsa.
To make your salsa, mix together:
~1 diced orange
~1 diced ripened avocado
~2 tbsp diced, fresh cilantro
~2 tbsp lime juice
~3 tbsp fresh orange juice
~Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Cook your salmon:
~My favorite pan to use is the Stone Earth Pan by Ozeri. I use it to cook everything.
~Pour the marinade in your pan and cook your salmon in the marinade for about 5-6 minutes on medium heat on each side.
~You want your fish to be flaky.
This dish would be delicious over some rice, but I opt to serve it over field greens and romaine lettuce. I use the juice from the salsa and marinade as a “dressing”.
Serve with salsa on top of your fish.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsbp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- 1 diced orange
- 1 diced ripened avocado
- 2 tbsp diced, fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- In a deep dish, create your marinade with the olive oil, 2 tsbp orange juice, salt and pepper and salmon.
- While the fish is marinating, put the salsa together with the diced avocado, orange, cilantro, remaining orange juice and lime juice.
- Refrigerate both the marinating fish and salsa for a minimum of one hour.
- Pour the marinade in your pan and cook your salmon in the marinade for about 5-6 minutes on medium heat on each side.
- Your fish will be done when it becomes flaky.
- Serve over rice or field greens with salsa on top and juice from the pan.