As my son is getting closer to entering Kindergarten, I am trying my best to make sure he is as ready as can be. It seems like you really need to have a head start nowadays and I don’t want to ever feel like I could have done more to prepare him. I’ve been following Teach My on Instagram for awhile now and I was very impressed with what I was seeing.
If you have never heard of Teach My Preschooler, it is an award winning all-in-one learning kit for preschoolers. The premise? Through matching and repetition for just twenty minutes a day, you will give your child a head start on their learning. When I work with my children, I feel like it is hard for me to have an organized lesson plan. Perhaps Homeschooling moms can give me a hand on how they do this. As I read the Teaching Guide for our kit, a few things jumped out at me that relieved my stress over working with my children:
- Work on one section at a time & choose a different section every day to keep your children interested.
- Work for just 20 minutes a day so that you are not forcing learning and both you and your children are enjoying the lessons and having fun!
Both of my children really enjoy working with the math sections. Their favorite was the Train Flashcards which goes up to 100. It helps them learn the progression of the numbers. My 2 year old came up with her own game with the 1-100 Poster and 1-100 Foam Numbers. She likes to match the foam numbers to the poster.
We have just begun our Teach My journey and there is so much for us to progress to. I can’t wait for my son to progress to the Ready to Read section and master Sight Words. We’ll eventually move on to the simple addition and subtraction sections as well.
More about Teach My Preschooler:
- Sections include: Ready to Read, Ready to Print, Ready for 1 to 100 and Ready for Math,
- Developed by education consultants and award winning,
- Recommended for children ages 3-6 years old
Included in your Teach My Preschooler set:
- 10 Readers
- 60 Flashcards
- 1 Flashcard Reward Tin
- 1 Flashcard Holder
- 1 Magic Drawing Board
- 78 Print Transparencies & Printing Guide
- 101 Train Flashcards
- 3 Posters
- 2 Flip-Books
- Foam Numbers, Counters and Equation Signs
- Teaching Guide
- Storage case — Which I love so that we always have everything in it’s place and my children know this is our “school box”.
Disclosure: Momma Lew’s Blog received products from Teach My as compensation for this post. All views expressed are 100% mine and were not influenced in anyway.