Reindeer Candy Cane Treats
- Facing opposite directions, hot glue the candy canes together. You don’t need to go too crazy on the glue.
- With your brown yarn, place another dab of hot glue on the middle of the candy cane and glue the end of your yarn facing long ways. Wait a minute or so for it to dry a bit.
- Then wrap your yarn around the candy canes. I wrapped about an inch and a half worth of yarn. Using a very little dab of glue, glue the end of the yarn to the reindeer’s body.
- Decorate your reindeer! Using googly eyes for the eyes, red pompoms or buttons for the nose and then any other decorations you might want to add!
- I then packaged them up in some cellophane bags and we added a few Hershey’s kisses as well.
I needed enough Reindeer for 15 children, so I bought 3 boxes of candy canes at Wal-Mart for 98c each. The yarn I also got at Wal-Mart for $2.27. The cellophane bags, googly eyes, pompoms and decorations were all left over from previous craft projects after I browsed through my craft stash. They come out to less than fifty cents a treat!