It has been sweltering here in New Jersey the last couple of days. The sun is strong and I am going through sunscreen faster than I can buy it. At the pool and beach I am always seeing children wearing one piece long sleeved sun suits and I was interested in trying one out. Sun Protection Zone asked me to review one, so it was perfect timing.
Since 2005 Sun Protection Zone has been an innovator in sun protection. They have been approved by the American Melanoma Foundation and the Melanoma International Foundation. Sun Protection Zone works with dermatologists to educate their patients on sun safety and worked to promote a children’s book – Franny and Freddy Get Fried!.
I always had the perception that these sorts of one piece suits were very heavy, the same sort of material out of a normal swim suit. I was shocked to learn that was hardly the case. Our SunSkinz was light weight and comfortable for my 2 year old. She actually prefers to wear it over her bathing suits now. It covers her arms, hands, and neck. I would love to purchase a hat for both of my children, as well as a SunSkinz for my 4 year old as well. No matter how much sunscreen I apply to my son, his face burns.
Some highlights about the Sun Protection Zone One Piece Long Sleeved Suit:
- The SunSkinz is 100 SPF/UPF 50+ — that is more protection than any sunscreen I have ever seen.
- Clothing is made out of high-density yarn that is made with a four-way stretch that dries quickly.
- Zipper is from the neck to navel and is easy for both parents and children alike to get suits on and off.
- Each sleeve has finger holes that will cover little hands.
- Resistant to chlorine and salt water.
- Easy to care for by machine washing on delicate or hand washing with cold water and mild detergent.
- Hang dry out of the sun.
Priced at $25.00, a Sun Protection Zone suit is cheaper than a bathing suit combined with the amount of sunscreen you will need in a single summer to keep your child protected from the harsh sun. There are options for men & women, from rash guards to jackets to sun glasses.