I received the Versatile Blogger Award from Julie at Jewelybug! How sweet of Julie to think of me! Julie is super sweet & she’s super creative! She’s a friend of mine from a couple of mommy message boards I frequent and even though we live on opposite ends of the country, maybe one day we’ll the opportunity to meet somehow! Go check out her blog!
The rules of the Award are to:
1. Thank the person who sent it to you.
2. List 7 things about yourself.
3. Send this award to 15 other bloggers.
1) I have a BA degree in History from Rutgers University. My plan was to teach, somehow I ended up in sales (which I hated mind you).
2) I met my husband, Andy, almost 10 years ago and 8 years ago we spent a year apart while he served overseas for Operating Enduring Freedom.
3) Growing up I never, ever cooked a single thing & now I love to cook & bake. The first meal I made for Andy I actually poured the tomato sauce INTO the water with the spaghetti in it! Oops!!!!
4) I always thought I’d have 4 children, but now that I have 2 I couldn’t even imagine having more – I’d have to magically grow more hands! I have no idea how people do it!
5) Our dog Chester (an Australian Cattle Dog mix aka: red heeler) was born on our wedding night (July 23, 2005). I had no intentions of getting him though. I went to the farm of Andy’s coworkers to get a dog for someone I knew at the time & he came wagging his tail over to me and well the rest is history.
6) Early in my marriage I racked up thousands upon thousands of dollars in credit card debt which almost ruined my life. It’s because of this that I spend every minute I can trying to save a buck!
7) I have more online friends than I do in real life. I wish I had my more “in real life” friends, but it just seems it’s so hard to make friends as an adult.
And now the 15 Versatile Bloggers I choose are:
1) http://paula-queenofmycastle.blogspot.com/ – Paula is a fellow military wife and recently moved across country from Hawaii to the East Coast.
2) http://dolcebydana.blogspot.com/ – Dana makes the most beautiful baked goods I’ve ever seen.
3) http://marriedsingleparent.blogspot.com/ – Michelle is my usual go to when I need a new recipe. All of her recipes are so homey and delicious!
4) http://kallaydoscope.com/ – Kallay is a newly-wed & a new mother to beautiful twin girls. She is a great writer!
5) http://jadedpointofview.com/ – Ami was my personal cheerleader when I was fighting to VBAC!
6) http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com/ – Marissa is my younger brother’s girlfriend and she knows style!
7) http://www.theavidappetite.com/ – I went to high school with Rachel and recently started reading her blog. She makes a lot of cool things I have never seen and they all sound so yummy!
8) Mama Cheaps! – Love this blog! It’s always great to see someone with similar frugal interests and she is fairly local to me, so a lot of her blog posts are about things I know what she is talking about.
9) http://moderndaysuzyhomemaker.blogspot.com/ – I frequent a website called The Nest and someone in the local NJ forums posted about this blog. I just started reading it this week and I love some of her ideas!
10) http://paintandprozac.blogspot.com/ – I linked up to Ames from Lindsay’s blog and it came at an awesome time as I have been thinking of some arts & crafts projects for Adam to do!
11) Maggie at Smashed Peas and Carrots – I love all the child friendly recipes and ideas on this blog!
12) http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/ – Bridget makes cookies like I always envision things to turn out but NEVER EVER do LOL.
13) http://the-disgruntled-housewife.blogspot.com/ – Lori I actually know “in real life” LOL and she is hysterical, she should have her own comedy act.
14) http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/blog/ – I recently bought one of these beautiful necklaces as a “push gift” for myself HAHA! I got the “My Treasure necklace” and I love it.
15) http://moneysavingmom.com/ – This was the first “frugal” blog I started reading last year.